The Indian tourism and hospitality industry has emerged as one of the key drivers of growth among the services sector in India. Tourism in India has significant potential considering the rich cultural and historical heritage, diversity in ecology, terrains and places of natural beauty, culture, lifestyle spread across the country. Total contribution by travel and tourism sector to India’s GDP is expected to increase from Rs 15.24 trillion (US$ 234.03 billion) in 2019 to Rs 32.05 trillion (US$ 492.21 billion) in 2028. India was ranked 7th among 184 countries in terms of travel & tourism’s total contribution to GDP in 2018. BTTM being a program with wider job scope caters to lot many needs. The program has been guided by several defined objectives which are as follows:
- BTTM course aims to impart quintessential knowledge to the students through advanced tutelage.
- BTTM has a target to prepare the students so as they become conversant with the modern trends of tourism.
- BTTM course aims to develop the managerial skills of the students in order to suit the demands of prestigious companies.
- Having an objective to provide international exposure to the students, the program encourages international internships as well as student exchange programs.
- BTTM students are prepared and trained as per industry requirements so that they get absorbed during the campus recruitment drives and get a good start to their career.
- Program benefits students by demonstrating knowledge and understanding of tourism management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Program Assess the impact of latest tourism researches and marketing tools on the hospitality industry.
- Program helps in understanding leadership roles at various levels of the organization and leading teams.
- Hospitality and tourism education program also equipped with industry exposure, where students undergo internship programs to get familiarization with hospitality industry environment.
- Program also benefits the students in ascertaining bright future as with this degree they become eligible to work in tourism enterprises hotels, resorts, cruise ships, aviation or other related industries.
All those candidates who have passed the 10+2 or its equivalent examination in any stream conducted by a recognized Board/University/Council are eligible.
BTTM is indeed a rewarding course. This field of knowledge opens so many career avenues for the students while it simultaneously grooms their overall skills. As the global tourism industry is expanding year-on-year, the students get a chance to work beyond the geographical boundaries with the help of this program. Upon completion of the degree, the students become eligible to work in diverse field of Tourism Industry.
Job Prospects in Hospitality and Tourism Management:
- Travel Agencies
- Tour Operators
- Airlines Catering, Flight kitchen and Cabin Services, ground staff
- Cruise Ship
- Hotels and Tourism Associations ( for e.g. State tourism development corporations)
- Hospitality services in the Indian Navy, Army
- Hospitality services in the various MNCs
- Event Management Companies
- Academia,( Research & Development)
- Management Trainee
- Self employment as an Entrepreneur