Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics
Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics is an undergraduate full-time course in nutrition and dietetics. The course is generally of 3-years duration. It is generally taken up by bioscience students. It covers the topics in the field of Nutrition and Dietetics Science and teaches its students how to prepare a proper diet for people, food management, components of a balanced diet, eating habits, and Lifestyle management, among others.
BSc Nutrition and Dietetics: What is it all about?
BSc Nutrition and Dietetics is a course study or module that lays the foundation for food science management and diet management. This course allows you to have exposure to both theoretical and practical aspects of food science.
- This course provides complete coverage on the nutrition pattern, nutritional requirements, and appropriate diet type of different individuals, and teaches the candidates how to improve the food habits and ensure dietary wellbeing of the people.
- This course also dwells into deeper depths of nutritional requirements of an average human being and teaches the candidates the importance of various types of nutrients and the functions performed by them in our body.
- This course also covers the various nutrition deficiency disorders and ways to recover from them.
- Candidates can learn the different types of diet plans that need to be prepared depending on the need of the individual through this course.
Why study BSc Nutrition and Dietetics?
You should consider studying BSc nutrition and dietetics course because of the following advantages:
- Scope for both self-employment and job: After completing the BSc Nutrition and dietetics course, a candidate has both self-employment and job opportunities open. A candidate can choose to start his own nutrition Clinic and become self-employed, or he can apply for the position of Nutritionist and dietician in various hospitals, gyms, and Health Care clinics.
- In-demand course: As the topic of nutrition and diet is always in demand, so nutritionists and dietitians are always in demand. After passing this course, a candidate will not have to worry about future career graphs because there are a lot of career opportunities available in this field.
- Chances of a surge in demand in the future: With an increase in awareness about a balanced diet and healthy food, there are chances that there will be even greater demand for nutritionists and dietitians in the near future.
Students who have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology from any recognized board are eligible to get admission in B.Sc. Nutrition & Dietetics at CGC, Landran.
- Nutrition and Dietetics Researcher
- Public Health Professional
- Food Scientist
- Dietary policy maker
- Child and maternal Dietitician
- Diet Policy maker
- Agriculture food Technician
- Sports Nutritionist
- Nutrition trainer
- Nutritional Sales Executive
- Food Quality manager
Scope For Higher Education
Once you are done with BSc Nutrition and Dietetics, you may want to plan your next career goal. But that does not always mean wanting to pursue a job. You can also study further. Here are some of your options:
- MSc Nutrition
- MSc in Dietetics
- MSc Nutrition and Dietetics
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Dietetics & Public Health NutritionM. Phil. Food and Nutrition
- M.Sc. Applied Nutrition
- M.Sc. Food and Nutrition
- M.Sc. Food, Nutrition and Dietetics
Swaad Aa Gaya 2, Sehat de naal
Dr. Pooja Bhatt ( Zee Punjabi as Nutritionist Host in the show)
In the show, Chef whips up tasty recipes under the keen supervision and guidance of a Nutritionist