Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics
B.Sc. (Honors) Nutrition And Dietetics is a 4-year program that prepares the student for a bright future in healthy lifestyle management. The course prepares the student for diet planning while ensuring that the day's nutrition is utilized to the maximum. The student also gets insight into the mean value of nutrition in the food along with all microbes that can affect the food. The program is a great entrepreneurial opportunity for students as the world moves to a health-conscious environment while also allowing them to serve society by dispersing health-related information. B.Sc. (Honors) Nutrition And Dietetics program’s objective is to develop professional competencies in the areas of diet planning, menu planning and food nutrition values along with the basic knowledge of the bacteria in food.
BSc Nutrition and Dietetics: What is it all about?
BSc Nutrition and Dietetics is a course study or module that lays the foundation for food science management and diet management. This course allows you to have exposure to both theoretical and practical aspects of food science.
- This course provides complete coverage on the nutrition pattern, nutritional requirements, and appropriate diet type of different individuals, and teaches the candidates how to improve the food habits and ensure dietary wellbeing of the people.
- This course also dwells into deeper depths of nutritional requirements of an average human being and teaches the candidates the importance of various types of nutrients and the functions performed by them in our body.
- This course also covers the various nutrition deficiency disorders and ways to recover from them.
- Candidates can learn the different types of diet plans that need to be prepared depending on the need of the individual through this course.
Why study BSc Nutrition and Dietetics?
You should consider studying BSc nutrition and dietetics course because of the following advantages:
- Scope for both self-employment and job: After completing the BSc Nutrition and dietetics course, a candidate has both self-employment and job opportunities open. A candidate can choose to start his own nutrition Clinic and become self-employed, or he can apply for the position of Nutritionist and dietician in various hospitals, gyms, and Health Care clinics.
- In-demand course: As the topic of nutrition and diet is always in demand, so nutritionists and dietitians are always in demand. After passing this course, a candidate will not have to worry about future career graphs because there are a lot of career opportunities available in this field.
- Chances of a surge in demand in the future: With an increase in awareness about a balanced diet and healthy food, there are chances that there will be even greater demand for nutritionists and dietitians in the near future.
What makes Nutrition & Dietetics unique?
- Highly qualified and experienced Faculties.
- Practical approach
- 100% placement assistance.
- Tie-ups with reputed hospitals for placements and Internships.
- Industrial visits.
- Extracurricular activities for students' overall grooming.
- With the commencement of projects, startups and patents.
- Guest lectures by Experts.
- Conferences and Seminar.
Students who have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology from any recognized board are eligible to get admission in B.Sc. Nutrition & Dietetics at CGC, Landran.
- Clinical Dietitian
- Food Research scientist
- Food Safety Officer
- Food quality officer
- Food analyst
- Technical Officer
- Community Dietitian
- Food Processing Manager
- Sports Nutritionist
- Public official
Scope For Higher Education
Once you are done with BSc Nutrition and Dietetics, you may want to plan your next career goal. But that does not always mean wanting to pursue a job. You can also study further. Here are some of your options:
- MSc Nutrition
- MSc in Dietetics
- MSc Nutrition and Dietetics
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Dietetics & Public Health NutritionM. Phil. Food and Nutrition
- M.Sc. Applied Nutrition
- M.Sc. Food and Nutrition
- M.Sc. Food, Nutrition and Dietetics